When the time comes to find a nursing home or retirement community for you aging parents, you want to be sure to pick a great spot for all of the right reasons. Have you thought about what all of those right reasons are? Do you feel like you may be forgetting something? Here is a quick checklist to review to ensure you are not forgetting something by mistake.
– Consider your parent’s health needs
– Consider the location of the community in location to where adult children and grandchildren live, to where your parents “extracurricular” activities are such as religious organizations, community clubs, etc.
– Consider the price compared to other locations
– Consider the accreditation and licensing of the community itself; have any awards been won or any special recognition accomplished
– Consider the long term needs and short term needs of your parents
– Consider your parents input, on where they would like to live
There are just some of the perspectives to take into consideration. Talk it over with the family, and take a tour of your top three locations. Also check out www.hermitagerichmond.org
If you like our site - please tell your friends about us!